Sunday, November 21, 2010

Take me to....Manka's Inverness Lodge

Manka's Inverness Lodge


Maybe it's the cold rainy weather. Right now I can clearly picture myself back at Manka's Fisherman's cabin: Outside, the mountains are black against a blacker sky but we can't see them through the prickling fog. Inside, dim yellow lamps cast long shadows across rough wood ceiling beams. I am wearing flannel and long johns, toasting my toes by the fire, sipping spicy red wine and schooling my husband in an hours long game of Scrabble. Yes, my fantasy builds up to winning a board game. Oh, the married life.

Manka's Inverness Lodge is one of those magical places that you hear people talk about but never quite understand; then after just one night becomes so personal that you almost feel violated when you realize that other people have experienced it too.


  




Image via Remodelista
There is such a sophisticated and easy cleverness to Manka's. The charm comes through the approachable personality of simple details that are inviting and inspirational. I can't wait to return.


*Still a Young Buck* Mirror Detail at Manka's Inverness Lodge


Texture and shadows at Manka's Inverness Lodge

No comments:

Post a Comment